TAKE CARE OF YOUR BLING!
SUGGESTED AFTERCARE FOR BODY PIERCINGS:
Use one or both of the following 3 to 4 times daily:
- A Non-iodized sea salt mixture. Dissolve ¼ teaspoon of non-iodized (Iodine free) sea salt into one cup of warm distilled water or water bottle.
- Nielmed or H2Ocean Aftercare spray (sold in our shop, Walmart, Walgreens or online)
Wash hands and piercing prior to using an aftercare solution.
Dry area by gently patting with clean, disposable paper products.
- Take Ibuprofen or Naproxen Sodium according to package instructions.
- Use ice or anything cold (ex. Slushies, ice cream, popsicles, etc) for oral piercings.
- Do NOT wear any dangling or heavy jewelry for 6-8 months. Wear a bandaid every night on the top ball of jewelry for the first two weeks.
Ear/Ear Cartilage and Facial:
- Use caution when styling hair. Change pillowcase very often after getting pierced to prevent a potential infection. Also, cleaning phones often to cut down on contact with germs.
- The support of a cotton sports bra may provide protection and feel comfortable, especially for sleeping. Exercise caution when washing the area. Washcloths can easily become hung in jewelry. Ouch!
- Wear a bandaid at bedtime for two weeks.
- No sexual activity for two weeks. Sorry!
- Rinse mouth with a mixture of half mouthwash and half water every time you eat, drink or smoke, etc. No oral sex for two weeks. Sorry!
What is Normal:
- For the first 3 to 5 days: significant swelling, light bleeding, bruising and/or tenderness.
- After that: some swelling, light secretion of a whitish yellow fluid.
- Once healed: The jewelry may not move freely in the piercing; DO NOT FORCE IT! Be patient.
- A piercing may seem healed before the healing process is complete. Piercings heal from the outside in. The tissue inside is very fragile.
What to Avoid:
- Avoid over-cleaning. This can delay healing and irritate your beautiful piercing.
- Avoid cleaning with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, bactine, betadine, hibiclens, dial, or other harsh soaps as these can damage cells. Also, stay away from ointments as they prevent necessary air circulation.
- Be careful with physical activity. Piercings, freshly done or healed, can tear or rip easily.
- Avoid submerging your piercing. All baths, swimming pools, hot tubs, etc. should be off limits for the first two weeks at least.
- Do not leave jewelry out of your piercing. Even old or well healed piercings can shrink or close up in minutes.
- If you do suspect infection, please consult your piercer before you remove jewelry. Special instructions may need to be given so you can heal properly.
- DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR JEWELRY!
CHOOSE THE BLING THATS BEST FOR YOU
We offers a variety of piercings for our clients. Just tell us what you want stabbed!
SO MUCH MORE!
CALL US TO GET STABBED!